Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thing #12

1. The most important point that was made about commenting was contributing to the general discussion. I can not stand when people attach each other's views and say hurtful, insulting things. I have seen this with an alias and a real name. You can give a different perspective on a topic without attack the views or philosophy of others. I do see the point of sometimes using an alias and sometimes using your real name. I just participated in an educational blog about G/T math. I felt comfortable using my real name since it was all SBISD teachers. If I'm commenting on a blog/website where I do not know the people, I'm more comfortable using an alias. I do that more for security, not because I am willing to say more without my "real" name.
2. I have been making comments on blogs all summer. I have made comments on Becoming Mary Poppings, Linda's 23 Things, Laurie's "All My Things", Mrs. Hamilton's Blog, and Mrs. Winegar's Blog. Commenting is great collaboration.
3. I participated in G/T math blog. We have to post answers to questions and comment and respond to other people's answers. We were able to share a lot of good, useful classroom ideas through our comments and discussion back and forth. I also found a parenting blog that are commented on that was discussing issues about children my kids' ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment