Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thing #7

Google Docs
I want to use this for collaborating with my co-workers, as well as sharing information with other parents at Bendwood. I would love to include information on our grade level blog and link to PDF or documents. Here is my sample.

Google Calendar
I absolutely love google calendar. I have created different calendars and I like how you can color code and overlay them on top of each other. I set the daily agenda reminders so I get an email every morning letting me know what is going on that day. I created a SBISD calendar to use with my grade level blog. I will post it on the bottom of my team blog. I also like how you can copy events from one calendar to another. Here is my SBISD Calendar. I'll add TAKS dates later.

8 comments:

  1. Carrie, I thought the same thing about linking Google Docs to our grade level blog. Karen has set up a wiki for 3rd grade with links to individual wikis for each teacher. Will 4th grade do something like that, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie--
    I was playing around with Google Docs again for a different "thing" and saw there is a new feature that will allow you to upload text from a PDF. While it doesn't seem to upload images, at least you can get the information from the text. I'm going to keep playing and see what I find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rene... I did find where we can upload PDF files. Of course I heard the copy machine in the mail room where I always scanned stuff is gone...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to learn more about wikis

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like google calendar as well. My only concern is that at school we use the Outlook calendar, and I don't want to be doubling my efforts - I have enough to do! The Outlook calendar can be color coded as well. For a collaboartion tool, this might work better for me in my current environment. However, I did start a gpersonal google calendar - if I can only maintain it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie, Thanks for telling me about the time lapse videos on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Think about moving to Google Docs - the new minis that the district is moving to will not have office. If you slowly take the plunge...you'll be ahead...another advantage for most of the time is students can also access at home.
    Google calendar is great...especially if you work from several computers...it's always there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'll use google docs a lot. One thing is that I'll still use word on things with a lot of fonts and formatting.

    ReplyDelete