Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thing #6

The mashups are really neat. I plan on using the Trading Card Maker this year in science. The students can make trading cards about various concepts and share them with the class. I also want to make some motivational posters. Using my own pictures should be fun! I want my students to learn about Flickr and how to appropriately use the site to save pictures. Students are not very clear about copyright laws and we need to start early to educate them on correct use of internet resources.

3 comments:

  1. We do lots of things with mashups across the campus...think about how you can use mash ups as part of another project. If each student makes a mash up...then you can blend the mashups into a photostory or iMovie...one of the things that fourth grade needs to do is create a comic strip...we used mashups last year to create some of the comic strips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think having the student use mash-ups will be a great engagement tool and get in some collaboration experience and a built in digital citizenship lesson. I'd love to see some of the stuff you make! Look me up: http://eduheretic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What subject did they make the comic strips for?

    ReplyDelete